The Google Anita Borg Scholarship for Female Bachelor, Master and PhD studentsJanuary 5, 2012
Google Qadın Təqaüdü Programı – Bakalvar, Magistr, PhD
Son Gün : 1 Fevral 2012
The Google Anita Borg Scholarship for Female Bachelor, Master and PhD students
- Be a female student enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD programme (or equivalent) in 2012/2013.
- Be enrolled at a University in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical field.
- Maintain an excellent academic record (e.g. a First Class Honours degree).
How to apply?
Please complete the online application (click here and register yourself on the website and continue with the application process) and submit all requested documents by 1st February 2012. All application documents must be in English. Scholars and Finalists will be notified in April 2012.
You will be required to submit the following:
- Up-to-date copy of your CV
- Answers to the following questions (Suggested word count is 400-600 words per question. You should treat question 1 and 3 as technical reports or research papers):
- Describe a significant technical project you have worked on. If you have worked on a major independent research project (such as research for a Master’s or PhD programme), please describe that work here. Give an overview of the problem and your approaches to the key technical challenges. If this was a group effort, be sure to specify your individual role and contributions.
- Give one or two examples of your leadership abilities. Explain how you were influential and what you were trying to achieve. These need not be demonstrated through formal or traditional leadership roles. Feel free to think broadly and examine the many ways you impact members of your technical community.
- Suppose someone gave you the funding and resources for a 3- to 12-month project to investigate a technical topic of your choice. Write a short version of a proposal, including a description of the project, your planned methodology, and your expected results. Please pick something other than the project you described for the first question.
- Bachelors: A copy of your current academic record.
- Masters and PhD: A copy of your previous and current academic records.
- Enrollment confirmation for 2012/2013 or confirmation of graduation date
- Please include with your application an official enrollment confirmation or a confirmation of your graduation date issued by an official authority of the university e.g. your departmental administrator or a professor.
- Recommendation letters
- Two strong referral letters from individuals who are qualified to evaluate your academic and leadership accomplishments, e.g. from a professor, adviser or supervisor.
In case of any further questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
The 2011 Google Anita Borg Scholarship Recipients/Finalists
- Ayumi Kato – University of Tokyo, Japan
- Eun-Wha Jhee – Ewha Women’s University, Korea
- Eunjin Joo – Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, Korea
- Kae Nakaya – Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Kana Misawa – University of Tokyo, Japan
- Kyoungah Kim – Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, Korea
- Kyungjin Park – Seoul National University, Korea
- Liu Xiang – Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Manami Nakamura – Keio University, Japan
- Mei Hui Tan – National University Of Singapore, Singapore
- Mina Choi – Seoul National University, Korea
- Pimrapat Thanusutiyabhorn – Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Promporn Chaichirawiwat – Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Sikieng Sok – Waseda University, Japan
- Zhayne Chong Soriano – De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines
qaynaq : mladiinfo.com