The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) Fellowship Programme 2012February 4, 2012
The objective of the Fellowship programme is to contribute to enhance knowledge and understanding between peoples and societies from Muslim-majority countries, mainly from the Arab World, and from Europe and North America. The programme creates an opportunity for emerging leaders from these societies to get acquainted with the diverse realities and cultural, political and religious environments of the others.
A group of 12 young leaders from the Middle East and North Africa visit 3-6 countries in Europe and the States in the U.S and a group of 12 y oung leaders from Europe and North America visit 3-6 countries in the Middle East and North Africa. The duration of each trip is around 18 days. During their trips, fellows are given the opportunity to meet their counterparts in other regions, and to visit governmental, media, educational, civil society and business institutions.
The Fellowship program of the United Nations Alliance of Civilization has been made possible thanks to a grant of the Federal Foreign office of Germany and is developed in partnership with the League of Arab States, the British Council, ISESCO, the Qatar committee for the Alliance of Civilization and the Institute for International Education.
In order to apply for the Fellowship, applicants have to meet these criteria:
- Citizens of countries located in North Africa and the Middle East or North America and Europe
- Accomplished and influential young professionals recognized by your communities with the potential to become key leaders in your field in the near future
- Active either in politics (local, national, or international), civil society organizations, media, the business sector, local communities, faith based movements, and other fields
- Willingness to use this experience in your leadership position
- Motivated and available to take part of an approximately 15 day-full program as scheduled by the organizer and to respect all rules and regulations on locations from the organizer and the host countries (a commitment letter will be given for you to sign)
- Be no younger than 26 and no older than 36 years of age in the year 2012
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Possess a passport valid at least 6 months beyond the assigned Fellowship date
All material must be submitted electronically, in English as a single file document (except videos) to the UNAOC secretariat: AOCfellow@unops.org no later than 12 February 2012, passed this date your application will not be considered so submit it as soon as possible.
The Application Packet Should Include:
- Application fellowship 2012
- The essay questions included in the application
- Current resume+ photo
- One letter of recommendation
- A short video introducing yourself (useful but optional)
UNAOC Fellowship Programme
qaynaq : mladiinfo.com