The British Council & Pasha Bank – Essay CompetitionApril 18, 2012
The British Council in partnership with the Pasha Bank is pleased to present the Essay Competition. The aim of the project is to address the issues of economic growth, reforms and development and encourage youth to become more active agents for the future development. The essays will be submited in English and will cover the following themes:
• “Future of the World – Economic Development Versus Economic Security”,
• “Three Top World Challenges Today”,
• “Think Globally, Act Locally – Youth Participation in Azerbaijan Economic
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
The Essay Competition is open to students of Higher Education Institutions in Azerbaijan between 18 and 21 years old.
1st place – Two winners will attend the King’s College London Summer School in July – August 2012. King’s College London is one of the top 30 universities in the world (2011/2012 QS international world rankings), the Sunday Times ‘University of the Year 2010/11’ and the fourth oldest in England. Information about the King’s College London Summer School: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/summerschool/index.aspx
2nd place – Laptop
3rd place – IPad
HOW TO SUBMIT?
The submission process for the Essay Competition is entirely online. Essays shall be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com by 30 April 2012.
• Submissions will be accepted till April 30, 2012.
• Each participant can only submit an essay on one of the 3 proposed themes.
• Participants must be between 18 and 21 years of age.
• Essays should not exceed 2000 words and should be written in English only.
• All essays must be original. No previously published material will be accepted. Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification. Please note that all essays will be screened with specialized software to verify plagiarism.
• The British Council and Pasha Bank reserve the right to publish and/or to make available to the public the winning essays.
• The decision of the Jury is final and is not subject to an appeal.
For more detailed information about the competition please visit http://www.britishcouncil.az or contact: Esmer Aliyeva, Programmes Officer, British Council Azerbaijan T: 4971593, 4972013, F: 4989236