The British Council is looking for experienced people or translation agenciesApril 27, 2012
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 109 countries. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and increase appreciation of the UK’s creative ideas and achievements.
The British Council is looking for experienced people or translation agencies to cover needs for translation/interpretation for its Projects, Examinations and Resources departments. The successful candidates will be included in the British Council translator database and only people or agencies from this list will be invited to cover needs for translation/interpretation. It should be noted that these works operate on an “as required” basis. The successful candidates will be called as and when needed, and not on a temporary, full-time basis.
The translators will have the following responsibilities:
• Providing translation and interpretation services from English into Azerbaijani and vice versa;
• Providing written translation from English and Azerbaijani into Russian and vice versa;
• Editing, revision and review of all translation materials.
• Have work experience in international projects;
• Good command of Azerbaijani and English;
• Good knowledge of English (IELTS 7.0 or equivalent);
• Be able to work full day when required;
• Be able to work under pressure and keep deadlines;
• Be able to enter into contract- the service contract between the British Council and selected person will be concluded;
• Have a valid bank account as the payments will only be made by bank transfers.
• Some local and international travels may be required
The British Council will pay not more than AZN 8.00 per 300 words for written translations and not more than AZN 200 for one full day (up to 7 hours net) interpretation.
Please send your curriculum vitae with indication of at least 3 referees from the most recent (last 6 month) projects and cover letter to the British Council at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make a note ‘Translator’ in subject area of the e-mail. The closing date for applications is 18:00 on Friday 20th May 2012. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.