International Essay Contest for Young People 2012May 6, 2012
International Essay Contest for Young People 2012
Organized by – The Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO
Endorsed by – the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan
Japan Private High School Federation, Nikkei Inc., Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education
Supported by – FELISSIMO CORPORATION
As today’s young people are crucial for the shaping of our future, it is imperative that they are enabled to develop to their full potential. UNESCO’s objective is to help empower young people, reaching out to them, responding to their expectations and ideas, and fostering useful and long-lasting skills.
This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
“Creating the Future We Want”
Future begins with the vision we hold now. What kind of future do you wish to create for yourself and the world? Please share your dream and ideas for making it a reality.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 30, 2012) in one of the following age categories:
- -Children (ages up to 14)
- -Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 800 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German; or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, typed or printed.
- Essays must have a cover page indicating
- -category (Children or Youth)
- -essay title
- -your name
- -phone number
- -age as of June 30, 2012
- -school name (if applicable)
- -Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants’ names and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
- -word count.
- -(Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.)
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize – Certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$1,300) – 1 entrant
2nd Prize – Certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$650) – 2 entrants
3rd Prize – Certificate and gift – 5 entrants
Honorable Mention – Certificate and gift – 25 entrants
1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan scheduled for November 2012. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizers.)
** All prize winners will be announced in November 2012 on the Goi Peace Foundation web site (www.goipeace.or.jp) and UNESCO web site (www.unesco.org/youth). Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December.
Deadline : June 30
Orijinal Website : http://www.goipeace.or.jp/english/activities/programs/1201.html